The vision of the Edmonton IIBA Chapter is to support the Business Analyst profession within the communities that we serve.
The mission of the Edmonton IIBA Chapter is to promote the standards, practices, and contribution of Business Analysis and support the certification of its practitioners within the communities that we serve.
1. Advancement of Business Analysis
- Drive awareness of the value and contribution of the role of the business analysis professional
- Educate industry partners and associations to the realities of business analysis.
- Advance the role of the Business Analyst as a recognized profession
- Create corporate support for the IIBA within the local market by superior marketing/awareness programs that demonstrate the value of Business Analysis and the IIBA.
- Liaise with industry and association partners to increase awareness and benefit of IIBA Chapter members.
- Foster a community of involved practitioners
- To bring the community of interests involved in business analysis in the Edmonton area
- Provide a positive and encouraging environment for the community to network and share experiences and knowledge
- Encourage knowledge sharing and networking opportunities with fellow Business Analysis professionals across a range of industries and companies
- Support opportunities for members to network with, and gain knowledge from, seasoned Business Analysis practitioners, as well as with industry and government leaders.
- Forums for sharing expertise, expressing professional opinions and building a reputation within the industry.
3. Professional Growth & Development
- Promote the development of skills of people who practice business analysis
- Facilitate the professional growth of certified Business Analysts within our community
- Provide access to forums, discussion groups and "knowledge bases' relating to the Business Analysis profession to provide members an opportunity to develop professionally or through formal and informal means
- Promote the use of best practices in business analysis;
- Provide access for members to a formal “knowledge base” as well as
- Provide pathways to learn about business analysis best practices.
- Enable sustainable growth of the chapter
- Obtain and sustain a level of financial security, sustainability and autonomy at the chapter level